So, I realize it has been a while and so I have a lot to catch up on. This month has been crazy. Ramadan has come and gone and this year we shared the iftar, the evening meal to break the fast, with lots of friends! I cooked and had company about 10 times during the month and we went to other peoples homes or to the cultural center about 8 times. We were just running all the time. For the end of Ramadan and the holiday Fecir got to come to Kansas City. She just left this morning and was here for the last week. In other news, Ilkan got a train table. He bought it with his birthday money. It still sits in our living room because it's the main toy he plays with. Atakan started eating cereals and fruit purees. I tried him first with sweet potatoes, as you see in the picture, but he spit up a lot of it so I switched to fruits. He loves apples and pears and eats rice cereal twice a day now. Ilkan had his 2 year check up and last vaccine. He is skinny as we can all tell, but eats pretty well. He is just too active to keep any weight on! Atakan is getting bigger, he's only weighs about 5 pounds less than Ilkan! Atakan is rolling and playing a lot more now. It won't be long and he'll be crawling all over the house! More pictures to come soon hopefully!
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Where Did a Month Go??
So, I realize it has been a while and so I have a lot to catch up on. This month has been crazy. Ramadan has come and gone and this year we shared the iftar, the evening meal to break the fast, with lots of friends! I cooked and had company about 10 times during the month and we went to other peoples homes or to the cultural center about 8 times. We were just running all the time. For the end of Ramadan and the holiday Fecir got to come to Kansas City. She just left this morning and was here for the last week. In other news, Ilkan got a train table. He bought it with his birthday money. It still sits in our living room because it's the main toy he plays with. Atakan started eating cereals and fruit purees. I tried him first with sweet potatoes, as you see in the picture, but he spit up a lot of it so I switched to fruits. He loves apples and pears and eats rice cereal twice a day now. Ilkan had his 2 year check up and last vaccine. He is skinny as we can all tell, but eats pretty well. He is just too active to keep any weight on! Atakan is getting bigger, he's only weighs about 5 pounds less than Ilkan! Atakan is rolling and playing a lot more now. It won't be long and he'll be crawling all over the house! More pictures to come soon hopefully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment