Well, we went to the doctor today for our first appointment and she did the first ultrasound. The baby is only about 5 weeks, but they count your pregnancy back from the first day of your last cycle, so I'm nearly 7 weeks pregnant. Anyway, she showed us the little thing and it basically looks like a little bean right now. It's only about 2 centimeters long, but hopefully will be growing a lot in the coming weeks. The doctor knows we are leaving on Saturday for the US, and wanted to check to make sure everything was fine, and it was so hopefully we are off for a vacation!!
We are off of school today as it is a city holiday here. It's Mersin's independence day. After WWI, Turkey(Ottoman Empire at that time) was on the side of Germany and obviously lost, so the Empire was portioned out to different countries. I believe Mersin was held by the Italians. Anyway, Ataturk led Turkey to it's independence, and to the forming of the current Turkish Republic, and on January 3rd Mersin was liberated, so to speak. So, it's a holiday for our city!
That's about all I know for now! I'll post again when something exciting happens!
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear everything went good today. I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to see your Bean in 8ish months. I love the website- what a neat idea. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment