Yesterday we took Ilkan to the doctor for his 3 month check-up. I was so relieved because all of the things I had questions about were normal. I am pretty over-protective and questioning everything, but I like to think that most mothers are like this with their first child. Ilkan weighed 14 pounds 9 ounces and was 25 inches long. He had to get his first pneumococcal vaccine, it's a series of 4 shots. He cried, obviously, but then he was fine. He wasn't even too grumpy last night, which suprised me. After the doctor we went to the mall in Adana to walk around for a little bit. They have some decorations up for New Year's. Ilkan loved looking at the lights and made Kaan and I think about how much he is going to love the lights in the Plaza in KC, Christmas trees in everyones homes, and Rockefeller Center in NY. We can't get our minds off being in the US!
The time is coming ever closer for us to come to the states. We can't wait! It's been so long, 10 months to be exact. I told you I would mention some of the places we want to eat at when we come that we can't get here, obviously, so here I go. (I know this may be weird, but I thought it might be entertaining. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.)
Kansas City- Figlio's, Jack Stack BBQ
Omaha- Valentino's, Runza, Fernando's
McCook- Mac's Drive-In
Jacksonville- Sticky Fingers
Restaurants that are everywhere- Wendy's, PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, Taco Bell, Krispy Kream, McDonald's breakfast
7 comments:
sounds like a complete list... i would just suggest papa johns (or however u write that...)
have fun in the states... will be thinking of you and be jealous about all the food you will be eating there!!
i agree... we'll definitely be jealous about all the good food you'll be eating!!! but we hope you have a safe and very happy trip! (and good luck with the time change with Ilkan!!!) :) - Rachael, Erman & Keegan
I'm not jealous. I eat all those things at one giant feast every night in my dreams.
FYI, Omaha now has a Cheesecake Factory.
what, don't they have internet in the states? i want to see some updates. hope you are all having a good time.
Nichole, will you be in K.C. this Christmas season? If you are, email me and let me know. Maybe we can meet for a little bit and meet each other's kids. THe pictures are great - Ilkan is so cute! Take care,
Angela Merenbloom
We had to hit Runza on our trip back home to!!! Also a few good Mexican places too.
Post a Comment