Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Still Waiting???




Ok, I know it's been another really long time since I have updated this blog and I'm really sorry, but please keep checking. Once we get everything settled I promise I will be back to normal with updating. We now have a DirectTV set up so we can watch TV. AT&T is driving me crazy, but I think we finally got the right number and everything scheduled for a phone and internet set up for this coming Monday. We are still waiting for our container. Yesterday it was having it's second inspection and the agent in New York thought it would be released today from the US customs so that she could send it on the train, but we didn't hear anything so that means that most likely it hasn't moved yet. I hope we get it next week. We went to the grocery store the other day and I bought some canned goods without realizing that my can opener is in the container. At least I met another stay at home mom who lives a few townhomes down and went to her house to open my cans. AAAHHHH!! It's been 2 months now since we sent the stupid thing so hopefully we will be all settled soon. Other than that crazy stuff everything is good here. We've been hanging out with Melik and his girlfriend Amber a lot, and also with Anvar. (Our friends from Northwest.) We have to come to Melik and Anvar's house for internet access. Here are some new pics. Ilkan is now 8 months!! He loves rolling all over our living room. He doesn't crawl, but he is trying. He loves holding your hands and walking everywhere. He also plays soccer. No kidding, he really does kick the ball around. I'll get a video of that and post it sometime. Well, it's raining and hailing now. Just small ones so hopefully our new car won't be damaged. Until the next post!!

2 comments:

Perle said...

good to hear you guys do alright... hope you get your container soon and keep the posts coming!
love the pics!!!

Andrea G. said...

Nice to hear all is well. He really looks a lot like you Nichole!!