Ok, so I don't really work per se, not in terms of the go to the office everyday sort of work at least, but the last week has given me an idea of how that would be again. I have to say, no thank you!
Kaan's parents and sister have been in Saudi Arabia for a week, so I decided to keep Kaan company at the office everyday. It's been fun to dress up each day, take my stuff, and go to the office after dropping the boys. I've been very productive in my classes, since I've mostly been working on them while I'm here. We have a quiet lunch each day together which is nice, although I see now why Kaan and his father and sister like when Mom or I send food as it's not fun trying to decide what to order in to eat. Last week we ordered food 3 days but this week I've brought in leftovers or even today I made a nice Turkish salad for us. (That was thanks to Atakan waking up early and me using my time wisely. Thanks Mom for teaching me that one!)
The one part I don't like about this "working" schedule is picking up the boys and returning home with no food cooked:(( Cooking in Turkey is time consuming as everything is fresh and needs prepped and cooked. While I love "American" food, I never realized how easy most of my favorite dishes are when you buy the ingredients and just mix them all together:) The boys come home from school each day starving and have very little patience waiting for me to get their dinner on the table! I think it would be different if this was something they are used to, but in their "normal" lives I have been home all day and dinner just needs warmed up and put on plates. Seriously, I don't know how you working mothers do it! After dinner it's the rush to clean up, play, put the kids to bed, etc. and I am exhausted! Mornings are similar since I know that how I leave the house is how I will return to it. Oh, and that's only 2 days a week since the other 3 days my cleaning girl comes and picks up after us.
Ok, now that I've done enough whining about my "hard" life, I do want to give major props to working moms. Seriously, people need to respect these women who work full time, take care of a home, and kids and manage to maintain their sanity! You have my respect! (Oh, by the way, I was one of you for a year when Ilkan was 3 and Atakan was 1 and I have no desire to go back to that life unless I have to!)
No comments:
Post a Comment