Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mommy is NOT a Robot!!




If you have kids you know how they can be....I'm talking the call for "Mom" which really means you should be here exactly at the time my lips form the final "m" sound in Mom. I'm pretty sure they think I'm a robot who doesn't need to sleep, eat, shower, go to the bathroom, etc. My mission lately has been to make them wait for my help or figure out their problems by themselves, but you can probably guess about how well that is going.

I'll paint a picture for you...yesterday I took a second to myself to *gasp* go to the bathroom! The boys were playing just fine. As soon as I got in there a fight ensued and I could hear the whole thing. The next thing I know I heard 4 little feet running towards my room and the calls for Mom began. By this time it was too late and I could not lock the door. Damn it anyways! So, trudging into the bathroom come both boys yelling and trying to explain their side so the referee (me) could determine who was right and who was wrong. I suddenly had an out of body experience and realized how ridiculous the whole scene was and I burst into laughter. Poor sensitive Atakan was closest to me and thought I was laughing at him which really ticked him off and sent him into an even deeper rage. He screamed, to which I laughed harder, he tried to spit, more laughter from me, he stomped his little feet opened his mouth big and wide and really yelled "Quit laughing at me!!!" Finally I got myself under control, told him I was not laughing at him and kicked them both out of my bathroom. Next time I will remember to lock the dumb door.

My favorite is mornings. Ilkan calls for me every morning from his bed. He can barely mutter the word mom and wants me there immediately. Like seriously???!!! I'm sleeping for goodness sake. First I have to wake up, then I need to register what in the world is going on, before I can even respond. That doesn't take into account actually getting the energy to get out of bed and walk into their room. My first thought is, "how long will it take to make my coffee???" Then, "oh god hurry before he wakes up Atakan too!" So, I get my creaky self out of bed and hobble into their room. I don't know what has happened but since turning 30 almost 2 years ago, I practically creak first thing in the morning and all of my joints take just a little bit to warm up. When I was 26 and jumped out of bed to a crying baby it was no problem, but I swear something has changed. I guess that's a post for another time though. After the walk down the hall I am usually warmed up but not quite woken up, and see my lovely child informs who me he is ready for breakfast and the day begins.

If only there were a camera to record the funny times to watch 10 years from now!