Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Whole Wheat Apple Oat Muffins


I think I have a baking addiction....at least others can benefit from such an addiction!  Yesterday I made muffins, cookies, and more muffins for the boys to take to school for their bake sale/festival.  This morning I wanted to make something healthy for my hubby for breakfast so I came up with these whole wheat apple oat muffins.  Full of fiber and yummy stuff, while still keeping the calories low and filling the tummy!

Whole Wheat Apple Oat Muffin
1 large apple shredded
2 eggs
1/4 cup skim milk
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp flaxseed
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Warm oven to 350.  Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Mix ingredients in order above until combined.  Spoon into muffin pan.  Bake for 12 minutes.  Super easy and quick breakfast.  Using an application on my phone I added this recipe and it came out to 82 calories each muffin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good Nichole. It must be from all of those years in 4-H baking, you even put 4 on a plate just like the judges wanted! LOL

Love,Mom