Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"W"ude...not "rude"

Oh boy...we've almost made it through the 1st semester of school.  This year has been extra special because the boys have been riding the bus to and from school for the first time.  The last 2 years of presechool/kindergarten we had the option, but the school was so close I just took them and picked them up myself.

We are lucky because the bus comes every morning between 8:15 and 8:20 or so, plus we don't have to worry about breakfast before school because they eat at school.  (Yes, lucky mom!!)  It's just a rush sometimes to get downstairs before the bus.  My biggest pet peeve is making people wait, so I can't stand the thought of the bus waiting for us.  We usually get shoes on and head downstairs around 8:10.  At this point, the bus has only been waiting for us 1 time when we got downstairs!!

Here we are waiting for the bus at the beginning of the school year.

So, we are usually on time or early, but the hardest part is when one of the boys forgets something or wants to choose and take a ball to school to play soccer with at the soccer field.  They can be so darn picky about what ball...seriously??!!!  This almost always turns into a fight, mommy yelling to hurry because the bus is going to be waiting and the boy(s) yelling from the play room that they can't choose or can't find the ball they want.  This morning was one of those particular days.  Ilkan was quick about choosing, but Atakan could not decide.  I know that me choosing would be easy, but there is no way that he would accept what I choose.  Anyways, after a short meltdown we got things settled and we got downstairs before the bus!  As we were waiting for the bus I was talking to Atakan about how it is rude to make people wait for us to be on time.  We talked about how he is a really nice and respectful boy and he should be respectful of other people.  He told me, "I am not "w"ude, but other people make the bus wait!"  Yes, Atakan, some people don't hold themselves to the same expectations as we hold ourselves to, but that conversation will have to wait for another time:))

No comments: