Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Back to School

Ilkan and Atakan started back to school last Monday.  I still don't know where the time has gone and how my crazy little boys became 1st and 2nd graders.  This year will be a good challenge for Mommy as well, because I'll have 2 kids to help with homework each day.  Now, this might not sound like much of a challenge to the average mom or household, but when I'm trying to help with homework in Turkish it's always a bit of a challenge.

For example, last night I was helping Ilkan.  I had to read a poem to him and he had to write it down in his notebook.  There are a few sounds in Turkish that I still struggle with making, especially clearly enough for a 2nd grader to hear and get right.  Thankfully Kaan was home last night and could correct me, actually he ended up taking over:))  Then I was able to focus on Atakan.  This could be an interesting year:))

No comments: