This is one of my favorite pictures of Fecir in the boys from nearly 2 years ago now!
Today I had lunch with Fecir, my sister-in-law. It's always fun to have a girls only lunch and chat. Today our conversation mostly focused on a friend of ours who passed away last week, Betul, and also on our upcoming holiday plans.
Next week is the Kurban Bayram, and we have a full week off of work and school do to the way the holiday falls this year. We will be spending the first half of the vacation at home and the second half on the road as a family. The 7 of us will be driving from Mersin to Istanbul (about a 10 hour trip) and back and spending 4 days in Istanbul. I asked Fecir if she was looking forward to the trip and she said the part she is most looking forward to is sharing a hotel room with Ilkan! They are best buddies and both boys immediately go to Hala's (Auntie's) room whenever we go to my in-laws. Ilkan and Fecir have always shared a special bond, though. Last year we all went to Vienna, Austria for this same holiday and again Ilkan and Fecir shared a room. She was telling me that the first thing he did last year when they got to their room was to take out his suitcase (which he had packed himself) and laid all of his clothes on the bed. She asked him what he was doing and his response was, "I'm going to show you all of my clothes, Hala. I'll show you what I brought to wear. Do you want to show me your clothes that you brought?" He totally cracks me up! I think he probably gets his obsession with shoes from her as well!
3 comments:
So Ilkan takes after Aunt Fecir and Uncle Matt. LOL
Love,
Mom
Yep, a mix of the 2!!
I see a lot of all 4 from our generation in Ilkan. It is kind of a crazy mix considering how far apart we all grew up each other.
Post a Comment