Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Staff of Moses



While we were in Istanbul this last week, we visited the Topkapi Palace.  This palace contains some incredible religious relics, one of which being the staff of Moses.  I found this photo online that someone else had taken, as technically you are not to take pictures in this area of the palace and it was so crowded I wouldn't have been able to take a picture anyways.

I walked through the museum with Atakan and I was briefly explaining each article to him.  His favorite that we had to keep going back to and I still have to tell him about was the staff of Moses.  I even found a story book aimed towards kids about the Prophet Moses.  Last night I was reading this book to him and while the story was in Turkish I was clarifying information to him in English.  While telling him that the Egyptian Pharaoh told all of his people that he was "God," Atakan's response was, "He's a liar!"  I had to hold myself from chuckling, because his response was so honest and I didn't want to discourage him.  Then I was telling him how the Pharaoh ordered all of the babies to be killed, he said, "I will take that guy and throw him out the window for killing those babies!"  We didn't get to the end of the story yet, but I can't wait to hear what else he has to say about the story.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Goofball :)

Anonymous said...

I love that story!
Love,
Mom