Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Borek


I know, very exciting, but today I am terribly proud of myself for making borek for the first time in Turkey. I boiled potatoes, cooked some onions and green pepper in olive oil, mixed together with some red pepper paste and parsley. Then I called the kebab restaurant/firin (oven) and asked them in my best Turkish to come and pick it up and bake it into triangle borek. So, 5 minutes later a kid came to pick up my creation and came back about an hour and a half later with this beautiful tray. The whole thing only cost me $5 and I'm encouraged to try my hand at more creative boreks!

On another note, I am off later today to meet Kaan at the police station to finish up my residence permit and hopefully my driver's license. Kaan and one of the guys from our office have been working on these documents for a while for me and I'm so glad to have people to take care of stuff so I don't have to go there a million times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy!