Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


We spent Thanksgiving dinner with friends. We invited 5 friends to come over for dinner, although there was no turkey, I was not able to find one. At any rate, I roasted 2 chickens. One was stuffed with bread stuffing for the American tradition and the other was stuffed with a rice pilaf, the Turkish way of stuffing a bird. We also had mashed potatoes, corn, soup, homemade crescent rolls, borek, hummus, eggplant salad, and pumpkin pie bars for dessert. We ended up eating only one of the chickens, so I still have a whole chicken to use up, but leftovers are always a part of Thanksgiving.

Earlier in the day I made foot and hand turkeys with the boys and watched parts of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade online thanks to my brother who sent me the link!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: