Thursday, February 03, 2011

The Somewhat Relaxed Mommy


YES!! I have a husband who has completed his mandatory military duty that I've been dreading for the last 12 years! I have 2 kids going to preschool, one half day one full day! I have a little time to myself!!!

Now that I've probably just jinxed myself, I'll fill you in on how I am spending my days. Each morning I get the boys breakfast, changed and out we head to school for our first trip of the day. (My car is now an official school taxi:)) I drop the boys at school and then I have about 3 hours to get some work done or not done depending on how I feel for the day. I love this quiet time because it allows me to actually teach my classes online without as much stress. It also gives me a relaxing weekend where I don't have to stress about doing something fun while knowing in the back of my mind I have grading to get done before Sunday. Sometimes I have coffee with a friend on these mornings or even go shopping alone. Yes, alone for the first time in 4 1/2 years! (Ok, not long but still!) By 12:30 I am heading back to school to pick up Atakan and bring him home for a nap and sometimes lunch if he didn't eat at school. Well, right now most days he is eating at home but I'm hoping the more he sees the foods prepared by someone else the better off we'll be. Atakan usually naps until 3pm when I have to wake him up or he won't go to sleep until late. We watch a little Playhouse Disney and then at 4:30 we are off to go back to school for our last trip of the day. We get Ilkan and come home for dinner and playing:))

Yes, I must say I am pretty much loving life right now....I kind of like being the running mom and I'm sure the running will increase as the kids get older:))

1 comment:

Danny & Colleen said...

Congratulations!!! It only gets better. ENJOY!