Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Self Inflicted


So, I totally jinxed myself last week. I was talking to another mother about how smart we both were for not overdressing our kids and thus, they don't get sick and POW! Atakan's down for the count with a bad cough! Stupid me...I know better!

Anyways, if you've ever been to Turkey or know a Turkish person, especially from this region, they have a tendency to dress children as if it's freezing! Mind you, the high temp has not been lower than about 53 this winter and most days it's closer to 60. Anyways, most kids are in tights, pants/jeans, an undershirt, button up shirt, sweater, winter coat, hat and scarf when they go outside. You can imagine the looks I get when my kids are running around in jeans, undershirt, long sleeve t-shirt, and sweatshirt jacket. Oh well, they have been good all winter until I had to open my dumb mouth and start talking about it...I know better than this! It's like everything else with parenting, as soon as I start talking about another kid being bad mine does the same thing, or as soon as I brag about something the kids do (ie potty training), Bam, they are wetting all over the place. Why is it that we can't talk about things without putting our foots in our mouths as mothers?

Who knows? Maybe I should just shut up:))

No comments: