Monday, May 02, 2011

Blink of an Eye



I really don't know where the time goes...can it really be May 2011 already?? It was last year at this time that I was giving my 2 weeks notice at work and preparing to stay home with my boys again. While it seems like forever ago on one hand, on the other I feel like I just blinked my eyes.

This brings me to my point, how does time pass so fast and why do our children grow up so quickly? I can only imagine how my own parents or grandparents must feel as they remember when I was just a little 5 year old girl playing on the farm and here I am now a city girl with a 5 year old of my own. I used to worry so much about getting my boys to be independent and act grown up, that was until I realized that my time with them as innocent little boys who want me close to them is becoming limited. I fear the day when my precious Ilkan tells me to go away and prefers that I not hug or kiss him. Or when Atakan would rather put on a rock concert with his buddies rather than his family.

So, I am sucking up every second that I am given because I realize how precious time is and how quickly my babies are growing up! (Above is a picture taken at Atakan's 3rd birthday in April 2011 and one of us in April 2010.)

No comments: