Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Swimming Lessons


Ilkan started swimming lessons on June 17th. He has been going everyday Monday-Thursday for an hour each morning and has learned to swim!! When he first started jumping in and swimming I had to hold my heart just a little until I saw his little head pop back up out of the water. I've gotten a little better as I've gotten used to him swimming, but I still stay like a helicopter over him while he swims in our big pool. The funny thing is that the feelings I felt my mother-in-law and Kaan have felt over the last weekend.
On Saturday we went to Kaan's parents and the boys were swimming with their grandparents in their pool. Ilkan just kept jumping in and swimming to the side. We are used to him swimming with a swimming vest but to watch him jump in without one made Babaanne a little nervous until she got used to it.
On Sunday, Kaan and I took the boys to the pool and Kaan was asking if I had the vests. I told him I only had one. He kept insisting we needed both until we got to the pool and he saw how Ilkan could swim! Ilkan's favorite way to swim is like his Baba and Hala (aunt), with his face in the water and almost diving. I have a feeling that boys will ditch me in about 6 years on the weekend to go diving or kitesurfing with Kaan:))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ilkan!

Love,
Grandma