Thursday, February 09, 2012

After School Fun



Most days after school we simply come home and play, have dinner, and go to bed. Last week after school on Monday I decided to surprise the boys and take them bowling and to walk around the mall for a bit. The boys really love bowling and can now play a whole game by themselves while I just sit and watch which is kind of nice. I really love watching them interact and celebrate together when they knock down pins.

After bowling we walked around just a bit and the boys convinced me to go to the pet store to look around. If you have read my previous posts we have had a pet turtle for the last year and a half and it just started escaping from it's bowl. The pet store had new bowls for turtles with lids on them and air holes so that was an easy sell for me. One of the reasons we only have 1 turtle is because with 2 they climb on each other and can escape more easily. So, now that we were getting a bowl with a lid it wasn't hard to convince me to get another turtle so their first guy would have a friend. I love their reasoning that the other one is lonely! Last year Ilkan actually took a sticker with a turtle on it and stuck it to the bowl so that the turtle wouldn't feel lonely!! (I guess it's a good thing we had 2 kids!!) So, they decided to rename the turtles Ronaldo and the new one is Messi...2 soccer players, imagine that!

A few days after we got the new one I was looking around in the bowl and I couldn't find Messi. Then I looked on top of the tree to find him just hanging out up there. I still can only speculate that he was riding around on Ronaldo's back and climbed up there when he got close but the 2 of them together are seriously entertaining sometimes.

No comments: