Thursday, August 23, 2012
Girlfriends
My boys have been cracking me up talking about girlfriends lately, although they don't really understand the concept, obviously. This summer while playing at Pump it Up, Atakan was playing with a little girl and she started holding his hand and leading him around to different areas to play so Ilkan was teasing him telling him he had a girlfriend!
Today I took the boys to Burger King for lunch after soccer practice and running some errands. This particular Burger King is very close to many dershane's which is a place where most teens in Turkey go for extra tutoring and test preparation, even in the summer. So, needless to say the primary customer at this particular location is teens. We like it because they have a decent little play area. As we were sitting there, we came across several young couples and each time the girl was speaking to the boy in a snotty tone and bossing him around and just generally not being nice.
Finally as we were eating ice cream and overhead another such conversation I looked at my boys and said, "One day when you are old enough to have a girlfriend, please don't choose a girl that talks mean to you or bosses you around."
Ilkan looked at me and said, "Mom, don't worry, I'm going to get a girlfriend in America!" Atakan concurred on this matter. LOL!!
Then Ilkan says to me, "Mom, I know, if we have a girlfriend who talks mean to us and we bring her home, she will talk mean to you. That won't be good! I wouldn't let her talk mean to you Mom!"
That's right, my boy, that wouldn't be good at all!
Oh, the funny conversations we have sometimes:)))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment