Monday, September 04, 2006

Turkish Baby Shower

On Saturday my mother-in-law hosted a Turkish baby shower for us. It was a little different from our showers in the states, but she has been to a baby shower there too, so she tried to incorporate some of the things we do. I think she must have invited about 50 women, so it was pretty crowded in her house. We had it on the perfect day because my mom arrived on Friday night and Fecir left on Sunday, that way they could both be there. All the women arrived, they had a reading from the Koran, lots of food, Kaan's mom and Fecir made some decorated chocolates for everyone, and people brought gifts. Most of the gifts people gave were pieces of gold for the baby, so you'll see in some of the pictures that I post I have lots of gold with red ribbon attached.
I also had lots of fun on Saturday morning receiving all of the gifts that Mom brought from the states. Thanks to everyone who sent things to her. (Mom arrived with 2 suitcases. A small carry-on size one for her clothes, and a big one full of gifts for Ilkan.) It was so fun to see all of the clothes. Kaan's mom says we need to have 2 more kids just so we can get good use out of all of the clothes we have received!!

No comments: