Sunday, March 18, 2007

How Fast the Weekend Flies


I can't believe how fast the weekend flies, actually all time for that matter. Now, you'll have to remind me I said that next week when I am sad and lonely for Kaan. Looking at the calendar it seems I will be waiting here forever before we are able to come to join him in KC. Anyway, that's another post. We've had an exciting weekend. On Friday night we barely finished dinner before guests arrived to see Kaan and wish him farewell. On Saturday we went to dinner and then shopping for me and Kaan's mother's birthday presents. Her b-day is tomorrow and mine is on Tuesday. Then we went to the grocery store and before I knew it, it was time to sleep. Today Kaan took me and the baby for sucuk (pepperoni) doner sandwiches and shopping for books. I have finished the 2 books I kept with me already and so needed a few more to get me through to when I'll be coming. We also got Ilkan some Turkish board books to take with us. Now again, night has fallen and the day is finished. I know, it sounds like a really exciting weekend, but I can't believe it is gone. Only 2 more full days with my hubby. So sad! He is leaving on Wednesday night. Here is a cute close up I took of Ilkan earlier in the week.

3 comments:

Marlina said...

Sorry to hear you only have a few days with Kaan before he leaves. I hope the time apart goes fast. Wanted to wish you a happy Birthday Nichole!!! Hope all your birthday wishes come true.

Anonymous said...

Nichole,

Wishing you a Happy Birthday on the 20th! Also anxiously awaiting to see you all again.

Love,

Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nichole, Sorry to be late, Hope you had a good day. We are excited to hear you are moving back.Time will go quickly for you to be with Kaan again.Hi to Ilkan enjoy the blogs!