Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hospital Adventures




As you read in our previous post, Ilkan cut his hand on Thursday and they sealed the cut with Dermabond (superglue). Last night after dinner I was changing the dressing and when I took off the bandage I found that everything had come off inside, even the Dermabond. The wound was open but wasn't bleeding. So, off we headed to the ER again so they could fix what they didn't during the first trip. The doctor advised me that he had never seen Dermabond come off before and decided to put actual stitches in. So, Ilkan got strapped down to the Papoose board, numbed with a needle injection and then 7 stitches to close his hand. He was pretty good considering the circumstances and has been really good today. We leave it wrapped up when he sleeps so that he can't pick at it when Mommy isn't around and we've had it open all day when I can monitor him. He even forgets it's there and plays pretty normally. So, here are a few pictures of him with his teddy from the hospital and his stitches. Hope I don't make anyone sick!

2 comments:

Matt said...

i got a toy john deere combine when i got my stitches.

Magdarine said...

poor Ilkan!
Thank you so much for the cute present for our baby! Matt and Kathi visited yesterday and gave it to me.
Hope you're fine.
Love, Magdalena