
I am not a big dieter, never have been now that I think about it. But, as I am getting older I know that I need to start doing things to make sure my weight doesn't become an issue in the future. I was walking everyday after I took the boys to school, but have stopped since our stuff arrived from the US and I have a ton of work to do in the house. I pretty much get in all of my exercise just buzzing around this big house anyways or at least it feels that way in my legs. Now that I am getting settled again, I need to start my walk as I notice I feel much more relaxed and have more patience with the boys at night.
Anyways, the other day I was having tea with a friend. (We drink a lot of tea in Turkey!) I put one sugar cube in my tea and she was telling me how she watched a show about sugar and how if you have just one cup of tea each day with one cube of sugar what that equals up to in a year. Since I obviously have more than one cup of tea I can only imagine how much sugar I am consuming. So, my friend was encouraging me to try my tea without sugar. It's been 3 weeks now and I have sugar free tea and very little in my coffee each day and you know what? I think I am already feeling the benefits. It's amazing what a difference those extra calories make. My next resolution....more water!!
3 comments:
i agree with you; matt and i have started walking in the mornings again too and i love it!
and as of the sugar: yea, if you think of it, it's crazy how much sugar you can consume without even noticing... i stopped putting sugar in my tea and coffee when i was 16... (i only put sugar in coffee when it's really bitter, lol)
keep up the good work and keep us updated!
Thanks Kathi! We are finishing getting your room ready today hopefully. It's been the only room left full of boxes, etc but we closed the balcony in that room in with glass and now can clean and fill the balcony:)) Just moving crap from one place to another!! Can't wait until you guys come!
yea, we are very excited already too :) is it june yet? ;)
Post a Comment