I took the boys downtown Jacksonville the weekend before Easter for an egg hunt sponsored by the city. Ilkan had a fun time once he got started. They had 3 different age groups and started the little ones first. When all the kids started running toward the eggs he was a little intimidated at first, but then got in the swing of things. He collected at least 15 eggs! I think the funniest part was watching the competitive parents. After our hunt ended they started the group next to us and there were parents running and pulling their kids, "Come on, come on, let's go get more eggs at this one!!" I was thinking, "Are you all crazy, each kid in our group got at least as many eggs as Ilkan. What the hell do you need that many eggs or candy for??" But, whatever! I guess the competition starts now! I don't really care. We have all the candy we need until at least Halloweeen!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Easter Egg Hunt
I took the boys downtown Jacksonville the weekend before Easter for an egg hunt sponsored by the city. Ilkan had a fun time once he got started. They had 3 different age groups and started the little ones first. When all the kids started running toward the eggs he was a little intimidated at first, but then got in the swing of things. He collected at least 15 eggs! I think the funniest part was watching the competitive parents. After our hunt ended they started the group next to us and there were parents running and pulling their kids, "Come on, come on, let's go get more eggs at this one!!" I was thinking, "Are you all crazy, each kid in our group got at least as many eggs as Ilkan. What the hell do you need that many eggs or candy for??" But, whatever! I guess the competition starts now! I don't really care. We have all the candy we need until at least Halloweeen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment