Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter Post





Ok, I hope that my Easter pics our on our new laptop so that I can share with you. This is why I haven't updated in a while. Our old laptop isn't charging because the power cord won't stay connected and supposedly it's the computer itself that has the problem, so we had to invest in a new one. I guess the old one fulfilled it's life though as we've had it for 5 years. Ok, so on to new news. We had Easter at Mom and Gregg's, Kaan's mom came on Monday to stay with us for 10 days, Atakan's 1st birthday is tomorrow, we'll be going to New York May 7th-12th....hmmm....I think that is all. I can't believe that a year ago I was hugely pregnant trying to make it through one more day. I don't know if I shared this but my labor started on April 24th and we were in the hospital and I was being monitored. It was determined that my contractions were so irregular that they let me go home and wait until the next morning to have my C-section. Thank god I made it!! It was a shock to me because I didn't know what a contraction even felt like since I never had any with Ilkan besides the Braxton Hicks. Anyways, we'll be having a beach themed birthday which is working out perfectly because Atakan loves the water and unbeknownst to be tomorrow is the official opening of the beaches here in Jacksonville. There will be a sandcastle contest among other activities going on so we are going to check it out, although we'll be going to Mickels Beach which is a little south of the main beach here in Jacksonville so we can try to avoid the crowds for our party.

No comments: