Friday, October 27, 2006

Vaccination Fun

We went to the doctor yesterday for Ilkan's 2-month check-up. He now weighs 13 pounds 4 ounces (6 kg) and is 23 1/2 inches (60 cm) long. This explains why we've been having more diaper accidents and why his clothes are getting tighter. We are now into our 3-6 month clothes and moved up a size in diapers. It's sad to put away clothes and know he'll never get to wear them again, even though they are still like new. Hopefully we'll have a second baby to wear them someday soon! (Give us 2 years.) We also had to get a bunch of vaccinations, but at least the ones we got done at the doctor all come in 1 shot. I was expecting different shots for each vaccine. We did have to go to a government clinic for one vaccination (BCG). I'm really not sure what it is, but I know whatever it vaccinates for has been eradicated in the states so we don't vaccinate for it there any longer. It's very uncommon here as well, but they still insist all babies get this shot. I asked the doctor if I needed it, but he said it isn't necessary for adults. Ilkan was pretty grouchy last night and was screaming for no apparent reason, but we were expecting that. While we were in Adana we went to the American consulate to pick up his passport and US birth certificate. Now all of our big business is taken care of so we can enter the USA! Only 5 weeks left and let me tell you we are excited. It has been too long! Kaan and I were laying around dreaming about all the places we are going to eat at when we come and making a plan based on what restaurants are available in what cities. Don't worry, I'll share with you at a later time. Talk to you all later!

No comments: